The National Museum Institute of the History of Art, Conservation and Museology was formed and registered on January 27, 1989 under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and was accorded the status of 'Deemed to be University' on April 28, 1989. Since its inception, the Institute has been one of the leading centres in the country for training and research in the field of art and cultural heritage. The Institute is situated within the premise of the National Museum with an objective that students can have direct exposure to the masterpieces of art and cultural heritage and have easy access to the facilities of the National Museum such as its laboratory, library, storage/reserve collection and technical support sections for a holistic learning.
|Address:||Janpath, New Delhi - 110011|
|Established:||January 27, 1989|
|Institution Head:||Shri Raghvendera Singh, Chief Executive Officer & Vice Chancellor|
|Hours:||Mon to Fri: 9.30 am to 6.00 pm|
|Phone:||+91 (0) 11 2301 2106|